Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mother's Love for Fab Friday

I'm a late bloomer with Stampin' Up's 2013-2015 In Colors.  I was immediately drawn to Baked Brown Sugar as I am always interested in great neutral colors (so excited to see the new Tip Top Taupe).  However, I'm not much of a pastel gal and I saw these colors as pretty pastel.  I have been busy working on decorations and favors for our niece's wedding and her colors closely match Crisp Cantaloupe and Mossy Meadow.  I'm now a convert of this collection of colors now that they are going away. As such, I thought I would play along at Fab Friday as they are honoring these outgoing colors.


I stamped the flower stem from Stampin' Up's Mother's Love set in Baked Brown Sugar on very vanilla, the leaves are in Pistachio Pudding and the flowers in Crisp Cantaloupe.  I added a few Pistachio Pudding splatters with the Gorgeous Grunge set.  The wavy lines on the main panel are from the Chalk Lines set and then embossed with the Lovely Lace embossing folder.  Both the main panel and the flower panel were matted with Baked Brown Sugar. A simple bow of crochet trim finishes off the card.


I hope you enjoyed my card and thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping
Dana


4 comments:

  1. The wavy lines element really looks like a piece of DSP! Love the texture of the embossing...great CAS card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your kind words Amanda!

      Delete
  2. We're so happy you chose to play along with our challenge at Fab Friday, Dana! I agree, I love the idea of stamping the chalk lines behind the ribbon, it looks like another layer. The embossing is perfect! I love Crisp Cantaloupe, I will really miss these In Colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindy! It was fun to play along, looking forward to more challenges.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!