Monday, July 20, 2015

Little Moments

The challenge at TGIF Challenge this week is "Brand New".  Hmm, what haven't I played with yet?  I just picked up a great little painting stencil by Plaid with a fun circle design.  Check, that will be the feature of the main panel.  I've never been much of a heart and butterfly gal, but Stampin' Up's Butterfly Basics stamp set and Thinlits changed that.  I love that set and have made some of my favorite projects with it.  Given that, how could I not get the Watercolor Wings and Thinlits that coordinate so nicely with it?  I received the set a little bit ago but haven't yet inked it up.

Rather than going with the butterflies in the set, I chose to use one of the sentiments and create a masculine card.  I started by sponging the stencil with some So Saffron and then spritzed a little Daffodil Delight around the edges.  I mounted that to a thin border of Mossy Meadow.  (Let me just take a second to tell you that Mossy Meadow is my absolute favorite green, it's not too blue and not too yellow - love it!)  I stamped some of the accent dots in Daffodil Delight and Mossy Meadow. The sentiment was also stamped in Mossy Meadow and layers off kilter on Daffodil Delight and Mossy Meadow circles to mimic the off kilter circles in the background.  I clipped the right side and added it to the base with dimensionals.  A little ribbon flag and scattering of rhinestones finish off the card.




Check out the TGIF Challenges blog for fabulous inspiration, play along with this week's challenge or the latest Throw Down Challenge.

Happy Stamping,
Dana


2 comments:

  1. Yellow just make me happy... Love your card!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannelie! I wanted something bright and sunny, yellow did the trick.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!