Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Textured Anniversary

I promised more anniversary cards and am here to deliver another one.  I am playing along at TGIF Challenges! and this week is a remix challenge which requires that you combine at least 2 of the last three challenges on your project.  I chose the sketch and the together forever theme.


To create the background, I cut strips of heavy cardboard in various widths and spaced them out on my big shot platform creating larger, more angled spaces as I moved to the bottom.  I then embossed a piece of watercolor paper with these strips.  I wanted the extra texture that water color paper would add to the card.  My stamped images are from a retired Stampin' Up set, Valentine Defined.  I used a variety of punches and dies to create the embellishment adding a few Sharpie colored pearls. 




Happy Stamping,
Dana



4 comments:

  1. This turned out super cute. I too love the extra texture of the watercolor paper! Thanks for playing at #TGIFC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jeanna, I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Aww so sweet! Now i'm kicking myself for selling that stamp set! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mercedes, it is a super sweet stamp set.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!