Monday, December 7, 2015

Simple Christmas

I love light blue and red together for a Christmas card, well any card for that matter.  I think the blue brings a soft elegance and the red a bit of fun to a project.  The color challenge this week at TGIF Challenge drew me in right away.

I wanted a card that was primarily white with touches of soft Pool Party and a couple of punches of Real Red to liven things up.  I stamped a bit of Pool Party splatter to a Whisper White panel to ground the sentiment panel.  The panel was then dry embossed it with this lovely large leaf EF.  The sentiment was stamped on a bit of Pool Party card stock and a bit of white baker's twine was added.  I die cut a portion of a frame in Real Red card stock and added it to the sentiment panel.  Finally, the sentiment was added to the card base with a few dimensionals.  This is the short version of how this card came to be.  I did do a little playing around with elements before I landed here, but the result is just what I was looking for.



Happy Stamping,
Dana

14 comments:

  1. I love everything about this, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kirsty! I appreciate your very generous comments.

      Delete
  2. First thing that caught my eye was the bits of splatter....so subtle but SOOOOOO effective! Gorgeous texture, sweet soft twine bow, pretty colors and stunning pops of red! AWESOME card pal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Geri! I wasn't sure if the splatter showed well in the photo, thanks for noticing and commenting on it.

      Delete
  3. Wow Dana, such a special card! The perfect little touch of red to draw the eye to the sentiment! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannelie! I always appreciate you visits and very kind words.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely card Dana. Your colour combo is great and I love the splatters. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb for you always kind comments!

      Delete
  5. Just LOve it ... oh that embossing!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michele! That is a new EF folder for me and so fun to play with.

      Delete
  6. Love this clean beautiful design!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kimberly! I appreciate your visit and kind words.

      Delete
  7. So beautiful, elegant too! I love your gorgeous background and that sweet sentiment and touch of red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim! I'm so glad you stopped in and left such lovely comments.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!