Monday, January 25, 2016

Love Birds

Today's card was a bit of a journey.  I contemplated the challenge colors at ColourQ but never quite landed on something until I began to play with the CASE challenge at Time Out.  The card fell into place pretty quickly after I joined the two challenges together.  I added my twist to the case by changing up the colors and using the bird image rather than a floral image.  I played around quite a bit with the colors of the layers on this card, it was pretty interesting how the color of the thin border really changed the tone of the card. I finally landed on the So Saffron and Crumb Cake. I really liked the softness of that combination of borders and that it let the birds and sentiment pop.


ColourQ #325

Time Out #48: CASE with Your Own Twist

Happy Stamping,
Dana

12 comments:

  1. Great job using those pretty colors and a beautiful case of Marika's card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hannelie! I always appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great when one challenge helps you conquer another! You have worked these 2 perfectly. I love you used this pretty bird image and stamped it in this gorgeous colour. Great to see you at TO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Sandie! It worked perfectly for me on this card. Thanks so much for your visit and comments.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic card. I love your focal point. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out and ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce! I appreciate your visit and comments.

      Delete
  4. It all works so well Dana. I love the bird image you've used and the colours work so well together. Jolly good work. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb! You are always so good at making me smile.

      Delete
  5. How fabulous, Dana ... there's such a lovely sense of whimsy about those delicate birds ... they're gorgeous against the soft yellow and crumb! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Anita! It is always so nice to read your lovely comments. Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination of challenges - I love the colour combo and the way you incorporated elements from Marika's card! The stamped bird image is so sweet. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and very kind comments Jill!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love reading your feedback!